ASF Transmission and Prevention
ASF is highly contagious and can have serious economic and ecological consequences.
In African countries of origin, the virus is mainly transmitted by ticks, but in Europe, it spreads through direct and indirect contact with infected animals and contaminated materials.
Strict hygiene measures are crucial for preventing ASF outbreaks, and compliance with local regulations and guidelines is essential.
Hygiene Practices to Minimize ASF Risk
- Avoid touching carcasses of potentially infected boars.
- Maintain high personal hygiene standards.
- Wash and disinfect equipment, including shoes, clothes, tools, and vehicles, used in the wild.
Effectiveness of BioPolymer+ Antibacterial Solution
ASF is known to be easily inactivated, and BioPolymer+ contains an active substance (DDAC) effective against enveloped viruses like ASF.
BioPolymer+ leaves a transparent coating on surfaces with documented virus efficacy over time and wear.
Hygiene Products from Hygiene of Sweden for Outdoor Use
- Pocket Spray, 20ml: A portable product suitable for disinfection on the go.
- Wipe: Wet wipes soaked in antibacterial formula for surface and equipment disinfection.
- Electrostatic Application: Utilizes a backpack or gun to efficiently apply disinfectant to larger surfaces, vehicles, and clothing, minimizing the risk of cross-contamination.
These recommendations emphasize the importance of hygiene measures in preventing the spread of ASF and highlight the effectiveness of Hygiene of Sweden’s products in maintaining hygiene, particularly in outdoor settings. It’s essential to follow local guidelines and regulations when implementing such preventive measures.
Resources for more information:
Swedish National veterinary institute
Use disinfectants safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
Biocider ska användas på ett säkert sätt. Läs alltid igenom etiketten och produktinformationen före användningen.